SKYCATCHFIRE designs and develops clever websites and applications for brands you've heard of and small companies with big ideas. Founded in 2010, we're a team of designers and developers who get excited about solving problems by crafting creative solutions.
As a member of our App team, this position will be responsible for developing web and mobile apps typically built with Vue or React. This role requires experience working in these platforms as well as being proficient in CSS/HTML/JS standards.
This developer will work alongside other skilled web developers and constantly be challenged with interesting problems. We're all passionate about learning new technologies and techniques so you'd be learning and contributing a lot in a very collaborative setting.
This is a remote or office optional position. We build great software remotely every day and love working with talent from all over. That said, you're welcome to work from HQ any time and many of us do quite often.
- Develop new features for a large React app using various AWS services for an aviation services company
- Contribute to a custom event donation platform that accepts millions of dollars in donations built with Vue and Stripe
- Build Vue components and refactor Firebase Cloud Functions for an app that connects drivers and managers at a large logistics company.
- Examples to show you're a living, breathing developer actively building web apps (GitHub or personal site is preferred)
- Expert in HTML, CSS, and JS (i.e. you can do this in your sleep)
- Proficient with REST APIs
- Curious to learn and adopt new technology and methods
- Strong desire to build features that help users achieve their goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to self manage a task from start to finish
- Ability to break down complicated tasks into small obtainable goals
Experience Bonus Points
- Next.js and/or Nuxt.js
- React Native
- AWS and/or Firebase
- Familiarity with noSQL databases
- Experience building ADA / WCAG 2.1 compliant solutions
- Tailwind CSS
- Experience dealing with accessibility issues
/giphyskills on Slack (or a desire to learn)
Benefits & Perks
- See all of our Benefits & Perks
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- 401k matching
- Company profit sharing
- 40 hour work week on your own schedule
- Half-day Summer Fridays (May 1 - August 31)
- Work from anywhere (including our HQ in Canton, Ohio)
- MacBook Pro (we just upgraded to M1 Max) and whatever else you need to do your job well
- Employee managed, super flexible time-off
- Premium Training & Improvement Courses
Working from HQ? Here are some more perks...
- Standing desk and multiple 4K displays
- Casual office environment
- Add what you want to the weekly Instacart order
- Friday team lunch
- A robot called skybot that obeys Slack commands
More About Us
We're a chill crew that gets really excited about the work we do. The culture is casual about serious stuff and very serious about creating stuff that impresses our clients and our peers. We challenge each other to be better. We obsess over how we build because we know it makes what we build even better. We're a small team and we like that. We also like to get out at least once a week for a team lunch and, when we're able, we skip out early to grab a pint. It's said that we're different than most companies. We would agree.