This position is responsible for developing web and mobile apps using Next.js. The ideal candidate is creative and curious with experience building applications of various sizes with great attention to detail.
Working alongside other skilled web developers, this person is constantly challenged with interesting problems. We're passionate about learning new technologies and techniques so you'd be learning and contributing a lot in a very collaborative setting.
This is a remote position. We have an office but are remote by default. We build great software remotely every day and love working with talent from all over. That said, you're welcome to work from HQ any time and many of us do.
- Develop new features for a large React app using various AWS services for an aviation services company
- Build a new Next.js app that helps a business upgrade their spreadsheet to an app to streamline their business
- Contribute to a custom event donation platform that accepts millions of dollars in donations built with Next.js and Stripe
- Build Vue components and refactor Firebase Cloud Functions for an app that connects drivers and managers at a large logistics company
- Expert writer that prefers emails to meetings (a default job requirement at SKYCATCHFIRE)
- Examples to show you're a living, breathing developer actively building web apps (GitHub or personal site is preferred)
- Expert in HTML, CSS, and JS (i.e. you can do this in your sleep)
- Experience with Next.js
- Proficient with REST APIs
- Curious to learn and adopt new technology and methods
- Strong desire to build features that help users achieve their goals
- Detail oriented with the ability to self manage a task from start to finish
- Ability to break down complicated tasks into small obtainable goals
Experience Bonus Points
- React Native
- Google Firebase
- Tailwind CSS
- Experience building ADA / WCAG 2.1 compliant solutions
/giphyskills on Slack (or a desire to learn)
Benefits & Perks
- A team that's serious about deep work, no meetings, and cares about How We Communicate
- See all of our Benefits & Perks
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- 401k matching
- Company profit sharing
- 40 hour work week on your own schedule
- Half-day Summer Fridays (May 1 - August 31)
- Work from anywhere (including our HQ in Canton, Ohio)
- MacBook Pro (we just upgraded to M1 Max) and whatever else you need to do your job well
- Unlimited PTO
- Premium Training & Improvement Courses
Working from HQ? Here are some more perks...
- Standing desk and multiple 4K displays
- Casual office environment
- Add what you want to the weekly Instacart order
- Friday team lunch
- A robot called skybot that obeys Slack commands
More About Us
SKYCATCHFIRE designs and develops clever websites and applications for brands you've heard of and small companies with big ideas. Founded in 2010, we're a team of designers and developers who get excited about solving problems by crafting creative solutions.
We're a chill crew that gets really excited about the work we do. The culture is casual about serious stuff and very serious about creating stuff that impresses our clients and our peers. We challenge each other to be better. We obsess over how we build because we know it makes what we build even better. We're a small team and we like that. We also like to get out at least once a week for a team lunch and, when we're able, we skip out early to grab a pint. It's said that we're different than most companies. We would agree.