SKYCATCHFIRE designs and develops clever websites and applications for big brands you’ve heard of and small companies with big ideas. Founded in 2010, SKYCATCHFIRE is a team of designers and developers in Canton, Ohio who get excited about solving problems by designing and coding creative solutions.
An experienced Drupal Developer will be able to jump into our workflow and immediately start contributing alongside the rest of the team. The entire team is well versed in Drupal 8 and very comfortable setting up typical sites (Content Types, Paragraphs, Views). In addition to contributing there, we’re looking for another Drupal Developer to work on the more advanced applications we regularly work on. You’d be working under our Senior Drupal Developer and expected to contribute to large Drupal applications we build and maintain.
In this position, you will work on a team with other skilled web developers and constantly be challenged with interesting problems. We’re all passionate about learning new technologies and techniques so you’d be learning and contributing a lot in a very collaborative setting. You’d work daily building custom modules, solving complex issues, and discussing new functionality to extend a new or existing Drupal application.
A typical day may go something like this…
- Roll in around 9am and scope out the kitchen to see if anyone brought donuts.
- The music playing at the shop could be anything from metal to rap. We don’t judge. Unless it sucks.
- Back at your desk (or couch) you’d fire up a text editor on your MBP, and spin up your latest project to get to work building some of the coolest sites for the coolest clients, brands, and products.
- Throughout the day you’d be submitting PRs to GitHub, moving cards in Trello, checking in with multiple teams on Slack, and throwing new tracks on the office Sonos.
- Around lunch, we might start cycling through the usual spots: Canton Brewing, Fat Heads Brewing, 3 Brothers, George’s Lounge…
- Around 4 or 5 we start talking about patio beers.
- Select the appropriate contributed Drupal modules to satisfy functional requirements and extend when necessary.
- Develop a product catalog using Views and complex filters.
- Expose site content via API endpoints to support Frontend Developers.
- Build a custom module to GET from an external API and create content for a luxury car manufacturer utilizing Drupal community best practices for code structure and style.
- Extend Webforms to integrate with PayPal for payment notification and tracking.
- Use multiple content types to consolidate fields, apply required business logic, and then POST to an external API.
- Ability to communicate clearly about technical issues and resolutions.
- Constant desire to learn new technology and methods
- Detail oriented with the ability to take a task from start to finish
- Comfortable using hooks and other Drupal APIs to modify default functionality
- Ability to take client requests and transcribe those to technical requirements
- Git (GitHub)
- Currently located in or near Canton, Ohio. In this position, you’ll work with us at HQ.
- Experience with Drush
- Experience with Terminus and Pantheon
/giphyskills on Slack (or a desire to learn)
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Casual office environment
More About Us
We’re a chill crew that gets really excited about the work we do. The culture is casual about serious stuff and very serious about creating stuff that impresses our clients and our peers. We challenge each other to be better. We obsess over how we build because we know it makes what we build even better. We’re a small team and we like that. We also like to get out at least once a week for a team lunch and, when we’re able, we skip out early to grab a pint. It’s said that we’re different than most companies. We would agree.